“Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace.” - Frederick Buechner


28 January 2010

KikoRomeo

I'm starting at KikoRomeo tomorrow! I finally got a call from them today after stopping by last week, resending my CV and portfolio to the Production Manager because my contact is "taking a break" from working with KikoRomeo, not hearing from them for over a week, and playing phone tag all of yesterday and today. Whew.

Lillianne, the Production Manager, called at 5:45 pm asking if I could come tomorrow at 9 am to meet with Norbert, the head of the design department. She will be in at ten, and I am invited to stay for the day, I'm assuming to see how things run. And, I'm to bring my portfolio to show.

I am very excited! A bit nervous too, because it's tomorrow, and I only learned about it today--but mostly excited. This is what I've been looking forward to since July when Mom and I came up with the idea while we were sitting on a beach in Rhode Island. I can't believe it's all starting tomorrow.

So, since I'm working at a fashion house, I have to be fashionable, right? I have to admit that I spent at least an hour tonight figuring out what I am going to wear. I think I figured it out, but we'll see what my sleepy self ends up putting on in the morning.

Good night, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Elaina!! This is so exciting! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! How did it go?!

    ReplyDelete